What is it?
United Way of the Coastal Empire is partnering with the City of Savannah to help meet the critical housing and unmet needs of Savannah residents. The City allocated ARPA funding to:
- Provide financial assistance to displaced individuals and families or persons at risk of homelessness within the City of Savannah.
- Provide financial assistance to qualified renters with approved Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Provide financial assistance through United Way 211 to address the unmet needs of Savannah residents.
Apply while funds last through June 30, 2023.
Do I qualify for assistance?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a City of Savannah resident
- Be currently employed or have a sustainable monthly income
- Have been recently displaced within 90 days or be at risk of homelessness
- Accept shared responsibility to identify suitable housing
- Have an Area Median Income (AMI) of 50% or below
What documents are required?
Have the following readily available:
- Proof of Identity/Government-issued ID (State Driver’s License, ID Card, U.S. Military ID Card, or Passport)
- Proof of displacement or homelessness risk (Eviction notice, past due rent and/or utility notices, or Dispossessory warrant)
- Lease agreement signed by applicant and landlord including address and rent amount
- Unemployment compensation statement
- Proof of Income (Bank Statement, Managerial Letter, Check Stubs, etc.)