We want you to join our team
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation. Pre-employment background checks required.
Assistant Director, Effingham County
Reports To: Area Director
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide support to Area Director, manage the administrative needs of tenants and programs at Effingham Service Center (ESC), greet and appropriately refer clients to local resources, complete and process intake applications for direct services, and build excellent relationships with community constituents.
Employee Expectations: The UWCE is synonymous with charitable service and strives to positively impact the issues people care most about in our community. All UWCE employees are critical to our work and expected to present the best image or our organization as they represent the United Way in our community. All employees are expected to accept their responsibilities, adhere to acceptable principles in matters of personal conduct and exhibit a high degree of personal integrity at all times.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Public Speaking and Social Service experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking platforms required
- Holds a valid driver’s license and mode of transportation required
- Values that align with the mission of United Way of the Coastal Empire
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls and greet clients during operating business hours
- Monitor and order communal supplies and materials
- Maintain and process check requests, purchase orders and petty cash, and monthly tenant rent
- Track & maintain campaign contribution spreadsheets
- Maintain various tracking spreadsheets for reporting & impact purposes
- Manage social media presence for Service Center
Direct Service Management
- Screen, vet, process and track client requests for direct services
- Refer clients to appropriate resources within the community.
- Tracks monthly call and walk-in referrals at Service Center.
- Assist Area Director with annual campaign including marketing, presentations and event planning.
- Attend UWCE events when possible
- Conduct community presentations representing UWCE & its programs
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Well organized, self-directed and ability to multitask
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Takes ownership of work and demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility for decisions and actions
- Self-starter, can work independently
- Demonstrates commitment to quality in every task performed
- Much of the work of this position is completed while sitting at a desk, using a computer and phone. Requires talking, hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
- Some events will require long periods of standing.
- Occasionally includes reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 50 pounds for office equipment, supplies and materials.
Status: Exempt (Salaried)