We want you to join our team.
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation. Pre-employment background checks required.
Purpose: To steward the financial assets of the organization and supervise and maintain the daily operations of the Finance Department.
Reports to: President & CEO
- Overseeing the organization’s accounting, IT, human resources, systems, and building maintenance
- extensive knowledge of general accounting principles in all areas (A/R, A/P, general ledger, trial balance, subsidiary ledgers, financial statements, etc.)
- experience in MIP and Andar software preferred
- knowledge of state and federal human resource regulations
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting major preferred
Purpose: To strategically steward giving and engagement programs that support United Way’s mission of improving lives in our communities.
Reports to: VP of Resource Development
Drives Revenue & Impact
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of annual individual and workplace giving strategy and vision for United Way of the Coastal Empire’s fundraising efforts
- Utilize Andar database to support data-informed decision making about accounts. Analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth; develop work plans that maximize potential.
- Engage donors year-round to nurture and enhance relationships
- Continuously build and expand the network of donors by being visible and engaged in the community
- Effectively work in cooperation with UW Ambassadors, Campaign Cabinet, Resource Development Committee, and Board to implement new and creative strategies for developing resources to support United Way’s vision for our community
Effective & Engaging Communication
- Listen to the concerns and interests of donors and prospects to connect them with United Way’s mission and engagement programs
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy
- Five (5) years demonstrated history of sales and/or community outreach success with at least three (3) years in nonprofit fundraising
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working with executive level volunteers required
- CRM database experience required. Andar or Salesforce experience preferred
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency required. Microsoft 365 & SharePoint, preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Occasionally requires reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 25 pounds for office equipment, supplies, and materials
- Some of this position is physically strenuous requiring heavy lifting, walking, standing for extended periods of time, setting for major events (tables, chairs, tents) and participation in weekend and evening events
United Way Ambassador
Purpose: To help raise funds for the 2019 Annual Campaign by providing fundraising strategies, executive-level volunteer support, and donor cultivation skills to assist local companies in running successful workplace fundraising campaigns
Reports to: VP of Resource Development
- Support fundraising in an assigned account portfolio in partnership with United Way staff
- Facilitate employee and corporate giving campaigns
- Schedule and track a full calendar of outreach and meetings
- Provide excellent customer service
- Deliver public presentations about United Way to audiences of various makeup and size
- Attend training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field; Equivalent fundraising and/or sales experience may be substituted for the education requirement
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile
- Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse audience
- Presentation experience and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Fundraising, development, and/or sales experience
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Attend orientation the week of August 26
Compensation & Hours
- This is a 14-week commitment from August 26 through November 22, 2019
- Full-Time temporary/up to 36 hours per week; Must be able to work a flexible schedule; No weekend work
- Excellent training and expense reimbursement