We want you to join our team.
United Way of the Coastal Empire is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to employ individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to building a stronger community and improving lives.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, 403b, holidays, and paid vacation. Pre-employment background checks required.
Receptionist, Effingham County
Summary: Supports the Effingham County Area Director and Assistant Director through administrative operations and duties
Reports to: Effingham County Area Director
- Prioritizes lobby service during operating business hours
- Answers all incoming calls
- Greets guests and notifies appropriate program upon client arrival
- Schedules appointments for various organizations
- Maintains and organizes communal areas and supplies
- Updates lobby with appropriate community resources and events
- Coordinates ESC Internal Events and Celebrations
- Client Intake & Referrals
- Understands the services funded by United Way and other community resources
- Refers clients to community resources that best fit their individual needs
- Documents and reports monthly call and walk-in referrals as well as traffic in ESC
- Conducts initial client intake through pre-screening processes
- Works in conjunction with Effingham Assistant Director for further client screening
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience desired
- 1+ years’ administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and appointment scheduling platforms
- Much of the work of this position is completed while sitting at a desk, using a computer and phone. Requires talking, hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
- Occasionally includes reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 25 pounds for office equipment, supplies and materials.
- Self-directed and takes initiative in a busy work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Seeks and receives feedback graciously and with a dedication to continuous improvement
- Manages time appropriately and prioritizes tasks