SAVANNAH, GA. – United Way of the Coastal Empire’s Women Who Rule campaign and event,…
(SAVANNAH, Ga) – United Way of the Coastal Empire celebrated some of the region’s most generous supporters and those who helped make the fall giving campaign a success during its United in Gratitude event on Thursday, November 18th from 11:30 – 1:00 pm at the JW Marriott Savannah, Plant Riverside District.
During the sold-out event, 2021-2022 Campaign Chair, Cecilia Russo Turner, along with Board Chair, Jeff O’Connor, and United Way of the Coastal Empire President & CEO, Brynn Grant, recognized outstanding businesses and individuals for helping the organization exceed the campaign goals to improve lives throughout Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, and Liberty counties.
Throughout the campaign, Turner and the United Way team have been working to “cast a wider net” and get more people across our region involved with United Way. During the event, Turner announced United Way of the Coastal Empire exceeded its goals for the fall campaign by:
- Welcoming more than 2,000 first-time givers so far this year, raising the total number of donors from 13,000 to 15,450
- Increasing business participation
- 28 new businesses made corporate gifts this year
- 20 businesses running new workplace campaigns
- 50+ local businesses and restaurants participated in Shop & Dine United
- Increasing business donations
- 190 businesses increased their campaign giving (Some by more than 200%)
Like many United Ways across the country, United Way of the Coastal Empire is transitioning to a year-round fundraising model and will celebrate total giving and total participation near the end of the fiscal year at the Annual Meeting in May. Until then, United Way will continue raising dollars to support the critical work being done throughout the four-county region.
United Way would like to thank United in Gratitude event sponsors: Georgia Power, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, Comcast, Effingham Health System, Publix, Stage Front, and Herb Creek Landscape Supplies.